A personal project looking at the home page of the Halifax share dealing site.
Whilst using this I found that the homepage didn’t offer much other than a form a set of links to other areas of the site. There were 3 sets of links which made it difficult to know where you should be focusing your attention, from a set of 6 icons, to a right hand nav, to quick links that weren’t categorised in the footer.
What I wanted to do was have a quick play that would give the user more information about their account straight from the offset, as well as an option to allow the user to immediately search for quotes, rather than have to drill down through the site to find the share dealing account.
- Icons originally merged in with advert so user overlooked these.
- Icons have been reduced in number, and placed in location where user can
clearly understand their purpose.
- Research and buy section moved into a more prominent area to allow customers to quickly buy and research shares.
- Best and worst performers have been added to front page to give user key information about their account.
- Navigation moved into a overlay to free up space within page, and to allow a
consistent navigation across website.