Evaluate the Samsung Galaxy S8 product page and provide improvement recommendations in the form of a presentation to present to the Cheil UX team.
- Allow users to learn about the products as well buying options.
- When user chooses a phone (colour) the theme of the page changes throughout.
- Give users an initial view of what the page has in it.
- Allow an area that shows all the features the phone has in one viewing area.
- Give more interaction into the page.
- Allow users to choose the videos they view and add silent view videos.
- Offer other areas where the user may wish to go
- Give buying info within page
- Allow users to add to basket
- Give social element to page, showing how real users are using their phone right now.
- Bring advertisement further down the page.
- Give users more animation/videos to explain functionality of page.
- Option to allow users to see how this phone compares to competition.
- Bring nav further down page, then when scrolling down, the nav sticks to top – Would this link to sections on page or go to other areas of site?
- Change content depending on device – e.g. focusing on iPhone users.
- Could you use Facebook data to determine what users are most interested in. Eg taking selfies, adding lots of photos, reading news stories, or posting to determine order of components.
- Returning user – strip down content on page so that it leads users to click and navigate to more in-depth information.
Areas of focus:
- Making the product the first thing the user see’s.
- User can select model and colour which can change page theme and info.
- Users can add to cart without navigating away.
- Icon nav at top allows users to know content of page.
- Feature container feeds bullet point information to user along with changing imagery, Allowing users to interact more with the page.
- Accessories added to page so users can add straight to basket and see phone options as a lead into accessories section.
- Would discuss and research the role of the page, from business perspective and user perspective
- Would like yo test the navigation elements to see if main nav should be brought into page content.
- Images at top of page – Should these be only the model of phone the user has selected, or should the other models fade into the background.
- Would want to see what works for feature intro text, would description or singular words be best.